Where can I learn if I have binge eating disorder and how can I stop binge eating?

Q. I've been struggling with food for longer than I care to admit. I have researched online, but not 100% sure if I do have binge eating disorder, or if I do, how to stop binge eating. Any ideas or resources would be good so I can learn more. thanks.

A. As far as knowing if you have binge eating disorder, see if any of these sound like you...

1. Are you tired of hiding food wrappers at the bottom of the garbage in hope that no one will see the âevidenceâ?

2. Are you ready to put on a smile for the world and keep it on instead of crawling back into your âsad worldâ when you are alone?

3. Are you ready to end your private nightmare filled with sadness and start a new life filled with excitement and happiness?

4. Do you constantly feel like something is wrong with you and use food to ease the pain?

As far as learning more, I have provided two resources on binge eating disorder. One is a site about a girl who suffered with binge eating disorder for many years, and the other is a binge eating video on YouTube from the same girl.

If you do have binge eating disorder and you're looking for help, you are doing the right thing here by reaching out for help.

How do i overcome binge eating before i gain too much weight?
Q. I am fifteen and have been on a strict but healthy diet for the last six months or so. I reached a healthy weight that i was happy with and have managed to maintain it for a few months however, for the last few weeks i have recurrently been binge eating and i can't seem to control myself- how can i get my health back on track before i gain back all the weight and my binge eating gets even more out of control?

A. I have been having almost the same problem, I went vegan and began running doing yoga and kickboxing and lost about 50lbs. I think it may be because i deprived myself of things i loved like chocolate, and snack foods like chips and i hardly ate any fat. Try to keep cut up fruits and fill yourself up with that. Its worth a try im trying that starting today. I have been struggling with binge eating for months and i gained 14 lbs in one week. I eat until i am uncomfortably full and almost in pain. Its so ridiculous but hard to control. Let me know if u make any progress, good luck and ur not alone in ur struggle

How have any of you overcome binge eating disorder?
Q. I am 15 years old and I have binge eating disorder along with various other medical issues. My psychiatrist has acknowledged it but said he wasn't going to label me with it. My mom is impossible. She says we will have to agree to disagree and my dad believes me but doesn't do anything about it either. I feel very alone with this. I ask my family not to bring in junk food and to not let me have any either and to hide the junk food that they bring in the house (even though I always find it). My mom is the most unsupportive of them all. She tells me that I don't have BED and asks me why I always find the junk food. She tells me that I just need to work on it myself. I keep telling her thats not how it works but she wont listen. She hasen't even bothered to read one thing on this. I have been bingeing since I was 9 or ten and I didn't really become aware that it was a problem until I was 14. I am feeling so alone and I keep getting heavier and heavier. I don't know what to do and I desperately need suggestions. Has anyone else been through this and if so what have you done to overcome it? Treatment for this is not out of the question but it may take a while to convince my psychiatrist and family to let me go to it. My psychiatrist told me he wants me to try weight watchers first, but I don't think that will work, but I told him i'd try it anyway.

A. I have an eating disorder, and I tend to either over-eat or under-eat. My binge cycles usually last a long time, but less time than my starvation. I have tried countless times to try and get healthy on my own but I can not; the small part of me that wants to be healthy is overwhelmed by the rest of me, that tells me I don't deserve anything unless I am perfect. If you seriously think you have an eating disorder, please get help. The only time I have ever been able to control mine was when I was seeing a therapist who helped me through it, but because I was forced to stop seeing him I relapsed and part of me has given up on ever being 'healthy'. If I am binge eating and try to return to a healthy diet, I end up starving myself, and vice versa. Seek help, do anything you can to get your mother to understand, and tell your father that he need to help you. My mother encouraged my eating disorder and my father wasn't around to help me; your lucky to have them, make sure they know that you need their help.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers