What sort of foods should i be eating if?

Q. I'm a runner, and i run every day. Other that i'm generally lazy and lacking in energy and i'm suspicious that it may be something to do with my diet?

I don't like to eat too many carbs as i like to stay slim. I'm pretty strict about most foods and i don't binge on anything. Id just like to have energy, be toned and slim, and not be hungry at the same time xD

A. Carbs is your friend if you are a runner. You say that you run everyday so you should be eating lots of carbs everyday as well to keep your body energized. Don't overdo it but you should be eating lots of carbs such as oats , pasta, rice, etc. Those types of foods will keep you fuller for longer periods of time.

How do YOU make up for a binge?
Q. I had yet another binge.. :( and I know I need help now. I can't seem to break out of the vicious cycle of binge, starve, binge, ... The question is: if u were to binge, ( I mean really binge, like till your stuffed beyond belief) how would you make up for it the next coming days?

A. If I ever binged - I am assuming you mean binge eat- I would honestly feel guilty enough to increase my mileage I run for track practice.

Whether or not you are a runner, you can try running the food off... or do other exercise.

What are the health benefits of running?
Q. As a New Years resolution I am determined to get in shape and get fit. My fitness isnt that bad currently (I could run 10km tomorrow if I had to but I wouldnt feel flash afterwards) and my weight is healthy although I could do to lose a couple of kilo (Thank you Christmas). Ive set myself a goal to run a half marathon on the 2nd of June.
I googled a training schedule and it suggests that I run 5km 3-4 times a week for 4 weeks, then 10km 3-4 times a week until week 8, then 16km 3-4 times a week and by week 12 I should be ready.

I am wondering what I can expect as changes in my body physically and internally. Also any suggestions on a diet to accompany this?

A. Running is not only great for physical health but mental health also. Running is a great stress reliever and can also help improve sleeping habits. You will also find yourself having more energy in every day activities like climbing stairs or walking long distances. You may start to thin out and, depending on the distances you are running, may become more lean.

Diet wise, eat more carbohydrates. These include breads, pastas, etc. Carbs are burned by the body quicker and more efficiently than fats and proteins. This will give you more energy during runs. Chocolate milk is a great after-run drink and eating foods with protein would also be a good idea. However, protein shakes and other substances to help you "bulk up" are not the best idea.

Think of your diet as grading scale. If you were to grade yourself on how healthfully you eat, a runner should aim for an A- or a B+. Obviously, you don't want to be eating fatty, oily, unhealthy food all the time, but also don't force yourself to stick with "super healthy" foods 100% of the time. If you aim for an A+ in dieting, you may lose the willpower to stay healthy and are more likely to binge on some very unhealthy foods. Overall, eat healthy but don't be afraid to snag a cookie or donut every now and then




Powered by Yahoo! Answers