How can I stop feeling light headed and dizzy whilst dieting?

Q. After ~12 weeks of lots of alcohol consumption and binge eating, fuelled by misery, I decided to get my act together, change my attitude and behaviour and reverse the effects, namely the 9 pounds gained.
For the past week I have logged my calories faithfully with the myfitnesspal app and although I control how much sugar I eat I do still have substantial carbohydrates from wholegrains, rice and vegetables.
I am 5'4" and my arbitrary calorie goal is 1200 although I wouldn't beat myself up if I went over. Example, today (it is 10pm) I have eaten 1054 calories: 49% from carbohydrates, 28% from fat and 22% protein. Although not hungry I might eat a little more before bed to bring it closer to 1200.

Every time I have dieted in the past I have easily tackled stomach hunger 'sensations' but can't deny that I always feel light headed, woozy, spaced out, derealised. I usually grin and bear it (In a way it is slightly like euphoria and my imagination flows well) but this week and next I need to focus on studying which is tough when feeling spaced out and dizzy.
I guess I could up my calories for a bit but if you have experienced the same and found methods/eating patterns/food types that can combat the dizziness I'd like to hear about it for future reference. Thank you in advance.

A. you're eating below your limit. 1200-1500 cals is the suggested range for rapid weight loss dieting, and 1500-1800 is for more moderate dieting. Your already on the low end and when you dont hit the limit your actually eating less than you should. you should increase your limit to the middle of the range and see if that helps.

How to battle binge eating?
Q. I am wondering if anyone has any tips for combating binge eating? I have put on a good bit of weight since moving home and getting a new job and I believe both alcohol and binge eating are the cause. I have stopped drinking alcohol entirely for the last two weeks and have started exercising everyday before work. I go to the gym for an hour and mainly work on cardio. I then spend 20 minutes on weights and a further hour and a half doing lengths in the pool (breast stroke). I can now do 150 or so lengths.
However, I am still the same weight that I was when I was drinking. I do not want to lose loads of weight I just want to lose a half a stone or so and get back to the weight I was before i moved back home and ultimately stay at that weight.
Any tips or advice would be very welcome. Thank you for reading and responding.

A. well it matters what you eat. stop consuming meat, dairy, and processed foods. you will see results, guaranteed. you can still binge if you want, just binge on fruits and vegetables and water! if you feel the need for more protein to supplement your heavy workout schedule, have some nuts or beans afterwards. stay away from meat and dairy! not only do they not provide you with adequate nutrients, but they sit in your body for a long time and clog up your digestive system, making you slow and lazy. anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed. grains are iffy because they are usually heavily processed and difficult to digest. I would suggest staying away from bread and pasta. what I would suggest is trying BLACK RICE, your local health food store should have it. this stuff tastes GOOD trust me, and it's far healthier for you than other rice it's full of fiber protein and antioxidants. if you still are addicted(and yes it is an addiction) and need to consume meat/dairy/processed crap then do what you will but just know you're gonna have to make up for it by working out harder/longer or you'll just get fat again. but anyway, if your diet isn't absolute crap I am willing to bet that you are already losing weight just by cutting out alcohol and exercising as much as you do, it will just take time.

Besides antidepressants, what med(s) can be prescribed to combat Binge Eating Disorder?
Q. Self control?! Obviously you have not heard this is a REAL psychological disorder.

A. anti anxiety meds (benzo's like klonopin & ativan), sometimes antipsychotics (abilify,seroquel,geodon etc)if there are signs of a mood disorder also and sometimes mood stabilizers (like lamictal & depokote but depokote causes weight gain so they may not prescribe that with an ED)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers