How do you deal with impulses to binge?

Q. I have bipolar disorder, and my compulsion to binge is overpowering right now. However, I need to fit in a homemade wedding dress in a couple months. All I have to do is maintain my current weight. Help?

Real answers only please. Obnoxios posters will be reported.

A. contact a support group. you are welcome to contact me if you'd like. I am starting classes on eating disorders for this very same thing.

Does anyone know how to stop a binge eating disorder without parent help?
Q. When I had anorxia the doctors put me on a 3500 calories diet. Then, one day they told me 1500, cutting my calories in half. I maintained wait for 6 months then gained 37 pounds, im only 13. I really want to stop this because if I don't my parent wont let me go to boarding school. This is really hard for me. I've been dealing with an eating disorder since age 11.

A. i have a similar problem. formerly anorexic, but now a binge eater.
my parents are in denial and won't get me therapy.
i'd say to take advantage of support from your friends, and maybe join an online support group.
one thing that worked for me was to find new healthy hobbies: i started going on bike rides and started a glee club. it helped distract me from my body image and gave me something to live for

Is it possible to recover from binge eating disorder? how?
Q. I've gone from anorexia to binge eating I don't stop gaining weight and I'm fat and disgusting. I need help from anyone!

A. Yes, it is entirely possible. I am in recovery now, and I have friends who have recovered. You need to deal with the psychological issues that are causing your eating disorder and instead of avoiding these issues and dealing with them through food, you need to find positive coping mechanisms, works through your feelings and get support as you recover. You should find a dietician and therapist, and also try to attend support groups if able




Powered by Yahoo! Answers