If I rein in my eating habits, how long will it take to lose the weight?

Q. I binge eat when I'm stressed, and I've been extremely stressed for almost every day for the last month. As you can imagine, I gained almost ten pounds. If I get back to eating predominantly just fruits and veggies and lean protein, how long do you think it will take to lose the weight I gained? I do plan on doing alot of walking as well, since I know that's exercise I can commit to.

A. Best bet is to aim for losing a pound a week.

How do I deal with my binge-wating problem?
Q. I only weigh 99 pounds (I'm 5'3) but I have a major binge-eating problem. Everytime I walk through my kitchen I feel the need to snack on something (Usually carrots, fruit, or wheat thins, but occasionally cookies or cake if its there.) I'm not hungry, but I can't help eating constantly!! What can I do? (I already work out every day to get rid of excess calories, but I want to be able to control my eating)

A. when you have a craving, eat it, dont settle for something else because if you try to wait, youll just end up breaking and eating a lot more than you want to. when you want something, eat it, and when you want to stop drink a lot of water, it helps really!

How can i stop binge eating?
Q. Almost every single day i will binge eat to the point where i consume over 3500 calories! Thank god i have a fast metabolism, but i don't want to eat this way for the rest of my life. So please can someone give me tips to prevent eating a lot or how to keep my mind occupied on something else other then food? I will appreciate any advice given.

A. I suffered with binge eating, gained a stone and a half in 2 months with it, recovered and then started again. I am recovering again. You should read the book 'I can make you thin' by Paul mcKenna, it says you can eat what you want as long as you eat SLOWLY, CHEW FOOD WELL AND STOP WHEN YOU START TO FEEL FULL. This helped me become more aware of my stomachs signals giving me more power over my binges. But you must read the book to understand fully. Also, research positve affirmations for binge eating disorder. These helped me get more positive about stopping it. Before I eat something or start a binge, I take a drink, wait 15 mins and say to myself, do I really need this and how will I feel after I have eaten it? I try to respect my body. Also, I kind of frighten myself sometimes, binge eating damages the stomach and can lead to obesity. These possibilities make me stop. Im sorry I cant say there is a magic solution, but it just takes time and practice. Treat your body the best you can and you will get there. I have recovered so much without any professional help and so can anyone if they try hard enough. You make think that you have no self control but you would be surprised. Best of luck!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers