How do i stop binge eating?

Q. im not going to lie, i like to eat. i have been really depressed lately. i always seem to be eating when im bored or im getting emotional. how can i stop this binge eating? i want to lose some weight before summer so i would appreciate it if you gave me some advice on stopping my binge eating.

A. I did the same thing, only I'm in a college dorm where it's easy to sit in one spot for hours on end. After gaining 6 pounds and entering a mild depression last semester, I took some serious measures to pull it together. This is what worked:

1. Get rid of your favorite foods. Find out what you're eating the most, and get rid of it. I can't even keep cereal in my room anymore, because I would just snack on it. Replace them with foods that you still like, but are less likely to eat a lot of. Now, instead of grabbing some goldfish crackers, I open my fridge and see yogurt and apples....and cringe a little. Isn't it funny how you only want ready-made junk food when you binge??

2. Make it harder to eat. I've started stocking my fridge with food that needs to be cooked, and that simple change has just about killed my desire to eat. When you get the munchies, you don't want to defrost chicken or prep salad! You want to eat something! It's always too much of a hassle for me to cook something just to solve my momentary cravings, so I end up making a pouty sigh and finding something else to do.

3. RUN AWAY!! If you just can't handle it anymore, then go for a walk. Just wander around the block for 5-10 minutes, and not only will the fresh air lighten your mood, but it will also cure your munchies for the time being. Besides, the more that you move around, the more calories you'll burn.

problem with losing weight after binge eating?
Q. I've been binge eating for about two months now, and gained 15 pounds. Now I've stopped binge-eating, and people say that my metabolism will slow down and I'll gain even more weight instead of lose it. What should I do to lose and keep the binge weight off?

A. Your metabolism will not easily slow down unless you eat less than 1200 calories per day or if you eat very irregular. Eat healthy, natural food and eat regularly - every four hours to keep your metabolism going. Good on you for stopping with the binge eating!

How do I stop binge eating at night?
Q. I have recently developed this horrible eating habit. I will eat until I'm full during the day (regular meals) but at night I get super hungry around 1-2am (every night) and I binge eat until I feel sick. It's not even just because I'm bored - I literally feel like I haven't eaten for hours. this habit is so strange and it developed recently. Afterward, I am unable to throw up (I've tried before). What can I do to stop this?

A. If you're worry about weight gain, which you will if you eat right before you sleep, eat some veggies or a fruit as a snack. They're healthy and you won't have to worry about puking it afterwards.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers