How can i stop eating :( :( :(?

Q. Ok so i love food and i eat a lot. i used to have a fast metabolism so it was fine but now im gaining wait ( it was bound to happen ) how can i stop eating so much so that i dnt get fat. Thankyou

A. you may have: Binge Eating Disorder

TIPS FOR TALKING ABOUT AN EATING DISORDER:

Set a time to talk. Set aside a time for a private, respectful meeting with your friend to discuss your concerns openly and honestly in a caring, supportive way. Make sure you will be some place away from other distractions.

Communicate your concerns. Share your memories of specific times when you felt concerned about your friendâs eating or exercise behaviors. Explain that you think these things may indicate that there could be a problem that needs professional attention.

Ask your friend to explore these concerns with a counselor, doctor, nutritionist, or other health professional who is knowledgeable about eating issues. If you feel comfortable doing so, offer to help your friend make an appointment or accompany your friend on their first visit.

Avoid conflicts or a battle of the wills with your friend. If your friend refuses to acknowledge that there is a problem, or any reason for you to be concerned, restate your feelings and the reasons for them and leave yourself open and available as a supportive listener.

Avoid placing shame, blame, or guilt on your friend regarding their actions or attitudes. Do not use accusatory âyouâ statements like, âYou just need to eat.â Or, âYou are acting irresponsibly.â Instead, use âIâ statements. For example: âIâm concerned about you because you refuse to eat breakfast or lunch.â Or, âIt makes me afraid to hear you vomiting.â

Avoid giving simple solutions. For example, "If you'd just stop, then everything would be fine!"

Express your continued support. Remind your friend that you care and want your friend to be healthy and happy.

TREATMENTS FOR EATING DISORDERS

Psychotherapy â Individual and group therapy can help your loved one explore the issues underlying the eating disorder, improve self-esteem, and learn healthy ways of responding to stress and emotional pain. Family therapy is also effective for dealing with the impact the eating disorder has on the entire family unit.

Nutritional counseling â Dieticians or nutritionists are often involved in the treatment of eating disorders. They can help your loved one design meal plans, set dietary goals, and achieve a healthy weight. Nutritional counseling may also involve education about basic nutrition and the health consequences of eating disorders.

Support groups â Attending an eating disorder support group can help your loved one feel less alone and ashamed. Run by peers rather than professionals, support groups provide a safe environment to share experiences, advice, encouragement, and coping strategies.

Residential treatment â- Residential or hospital-based care may be required when there are severe physical or behavioral problems, such as a resistance to treatment, medical issues that require a doctorâs supervision, or continuing weight loss.

Binge Eating Disorder?
Q. Hello everyone.


My 16 year old sister suffers from BED (Bing Eating Disorder).. she has had it for a long time, but unfortunately we discovered it recently... Actually my sister used to live a normal happy life when she was a kid.. but growing up between older sisters and brothers made things different. For your Info, both my parents work, and before both of them had different timings, my mom used to stay at work really late and my dad used the chance and molested us (me and my other 3 sisters) by touching our bodies and our private areas.. not more..
We grew up, but sadly my youngest sister used to suffer silently, my mom never knew untill now, we didn't know how to tell her coz we rarely saw her.. she thought things are fine and everything is under control but the opposite was true !
After years of her sufferings (my sis), she had Aneroxia Nervosa, and AGAIN nobody noticed, everyone was busy in their lives.. surprisingly, she got over it by herself but became Bullemic instead and eventually started having the Binge Eating Disorder..

after a couple of years, we all knew and my mom discovered all that, and I'm pretty sure that my dad is really in pain about her, he apologized and regrets his deeds.. but the things is, when my sister was diagnosed by the Psy, she couldn't tell him the truth, so he gave her a really late appointment (in like 3 weeks!!!) and her case is getting worse and worse by each day!
Not to mention that her period stopped 2 years ago..

When she Binges, her mood changes 360 degrees!!!!! I try to control the situation by talking to her and encouraging her, but no use..
I don't sleep for days, because she keeps on crying after Binging! (due to the extreme guilt and disgust, and the pain in her stomach) ..
My mother and I can't handle it anymore.. We don't wana tell the Dr. the REAL truth about what dad has done to her in the past, coz he regrets it and its REALLY embarrassing and scandalous!
I dont want my dad to be in such situation, I know it's his major fault.. and i don't want my parents to seperate and then live in hell..

Please I really need help with my sister... We tried making food journals, we tried organizing her diet, and im really most of the time for her, i talk to her and try to keep an eye to avoid Binging !
I need help, tips or advises atleast for the coming 3 weeks..

Her Birthday is in 2 days, and I really wanna make her happy :(

Thanks <3 .

A. Although your sister's psychiatrist will eventually learn about your father's abuse of your sister and the other daughters, it might speed her treatment along if all of you could acknowledge the underlying problem.

I fail to see how your father could sexually abuse 4 daughter without your mother ever being aware or suspicious but I suppose it is possible if she wasn't really around for personal time with you girls.

You do realize that your sister's lack or menstrual cycle is probably due to her previous anorexia but it could also be due to a sexually transmitted disease, courtesy of your father.

Your father should be in pain about what he has done to his children. It was his responsibility to protect you from the threats of the world but instead he was the monster already within the gates. How that issue is handled, is up to all of the women who have been affected but it is time for the girls and women to openly discuss this so that your sister can begin to forgive herself. She did nothing wrong. She and the rest of you were victims.

Do I think that your father should be in jail? Yes, I do. Well, actually I have some other thoughts on that but let's keep it realistic.

If you really want to help your sister, you and your other sisters must talk to your mother and your mother must make sure that your sister has her blessing to tell her psychiatrist. If you don't do this, her recovery will take much longer.

Recovery from eating disorders can take a very long time and it may always be touch and go. Your sister doesn't stand a chance without your help, love, approval, support and honesty.

If you father couldn't control his improper and illegal behavior with his young daughters, who is he molesting now that the youngest is 16 years old? Are there other children out there at risk? Has he had treatment or are you taking his word? His word is worth nothing, I'm sorry to say.

Do not use the excuse of breaking up your parents' marriage as a reason to sacrifice your sister all the while maintaining that you want to help her. It simply doesn't work that way.

If your mother doesn't call the doctor, then as a birthday present to your sister, you need to tell the doctor. You also need to tell the doctor about the cessation of her period so that a determination of cause can be made.

You aren't going to be able to make your sister happy for her birthday but if all of you are honest and open, you may give her a happy 17th b'day. Then perhaps you can get some decent sleep and your mother can learn to place her daughters over embarrassment so that she can be the mother she should be.

Your sister is very sick and her binge eating could eventually lead to bulimia or back to anorexia which will ultimately kill her.

How to help someone with binge eating disorder?
Q. My husband has binge eating disorder. I've always known it was bad, but he's gotten bad about throwing his receipts away and while cleaning out the car I found how he'd been spending up to $30 on one sitting at McDonalds or Taco Bell. It takes 5-6 meals to get that much food at those places.

He's so ashamed of what he does and hes begged for my help, but I just don't know what I can do. He gets tipped at work so I can't keep track of what he spends on food before he gets home and I only have healthy options at home so I know he doesn't binge here.

I know he wants to stop. He's disgusted at how he looks and feels each day, I just don't know what I can do to help him. I never yell, I want him to feel safe talking to me, but he's to shameful to come to me.

What can I do for him?

A. He (and you?) would be helped by talking to his/your doctor.
There is no recognised cure for binge eating disorder, but there treatment options such as counselling/therapy, family counselling/therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy (to change food and eating behaviours), the use of support groups or group therapy, and nutritional counselling and planning.

Binge eaters use food to cope with stress and other negative emotions, but their compulsive overeating just makes them feel worse.
I hope you both talk with a doctor and I hope your husband is treated successfully. He must feel dreadful - a vicious circle.
Show him your post, or the answers you get. He will realise he is not alone, binge eating is well documented and "tends to be more common in older adults than in younger people."




Powered by Yahoo! Answers