How can i stop binge eating?

Q. Almost every single day i will binge eat to the point where i consume over 3500 calories! Thank god i have a fast metabolism, but i don't want to eat this way for the rest of my life. So please can someone give me tips to prevent eating a lot or how to keep my mind occupied on something else other then food? I will appreciate any advice given.

A. I suffered with binge eating, gained a stone and a half in 2 months with it, recovered and then started again. I am recovering again. You should read the book 'I can make you thin' by Paul mcKenna, it says you can eat what you want as long as you eat SLOWLY, CHEW FOOD WELL AND STOP WHEN YOU START TO FEEL FULL. This helped me become more aware of my stomachs signals giving me more power over my binges. But you must read the book to understand fully. Also, research positve affirmations for binge eating disorder. These helped me get more positive about stopping it. Before I eat something or start a binge, I take a drink, wait 15 mins and say to myself, do I really need this and how will I feel after I have eaten it? I try to respect my body. Also, I kind of frighten myself sometimes, binge eating damages the stomach and can lead to obesity. These possibilities make me stop. Im sorry I cant say there is a magic solution, but it just takes time and practice. Treat your body the best you can and you will get there. I have recovered so much without any professional help and so can anyone if they try hard enough. You make think that you have no self control but you would be surprised. Best of luck!!!

Has anyone out there had to deal with depression mixed with binge eating?
Q. I have tried everything. Nothing seems to work. I think dieting can be a vicious cycle. You want to lose weight but are depressed so you eat, then you are depressed that you ate. With me, it is usually night time eating. I tell myself, tomorrow will be better, but it never is. I've been telling myself that tomorrow will be better for at least 30 years. I am just wondering if anyone has gone through this depressive eating binge cycle and if you have, have you come up with any solutions?

A. I also binge eat when I'm depressed. I used food to comfort me. I also usually binge at night. One way to stop binge eating is to find out what is causing you to eat. Anxiety? Depression? Anger? Family Problems? I suggest find something at Night to keep you busy. Try reading or writing. Also put a note on your fridge that says " I'm not the answer to your problem." If you have days where you have to binge try eating food that are low in calories like fruits and jello. Remember :âWeeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. (Psalms 30:5)â

If I DON'T binge eat, I get crippling migraines that make me unable to get out of bed?
Q. I'll be so confident about not binge eating all day, then by noon I'll have such a terrible migraine that it makes me nauseous and unable to even get out of bed.


How am I suppose to overcome binge-eating if I have god-awful migraines when I DON'T DO IT?

A. You go see a doctor and get some medication to help you relieve or avoid the migraines, that's how. If you are getting a headache because you are not eating, perhaps you have a physical malady that could be treated. Or you are not eating enough to begin with, except when you binge. If your current diet habit is to skip meals and starve for long periods of time, then eating sensibly three or more times a day would also probably work. True hunger is usually the response of a body desperate for fuel. So if you skimped on dinner and skipped breakfast, a headache and hunger would be normal reactions. How much you eat and what you eat is a different story. For now though, I suggest a visit to the doctor to find the reason for the headaches, and a better solution than you have now.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers