How can i stop binge eating?

Q. Almost every single day i will binge eat to the point where i consume over 3500 calories! Thank god i have a fast metabolism, but i don't want to eat this way for the rest of my life. So please can someone give me tips to prevent eating a lot or how to keep my mind occupied on something else other then food? I will appreciate any advice given.

A. I suffered with binge eating, gained a stone and a half in 2 months with it, recovered and then started again. I am recovering again. You should read the book 'I can make you thin' by Paul mcKenna, it says you can eat what you want as long as you eat SLOWLY, CHEW FOOD WELL AND STOP WHEN YOU START TO FEEL FULL. This helped me become more aware of my stomachs signals giving me more power over my binges. But you must read the book to understand fully. Also, research positve affirmations for binge eating disorder. These helped me get more positive about stopping it. Before I eat something or start a binge, I take a drink, wait 15 mins and say to myself, do I really need this and how will I feel after I have eaten it? I try to respect my body. Also, I kind of frighten myself sometimes, binge eating damages the stomach and can lead to obesity. These possibilities make me stop. Im sorry I cant say there is a magic solution, but it just takes time and practice. Treat your body the best you can and you will get there. I have recovered so much without any professional help and so can anyone if they try hard enough. You make think that you have no self control but you would be surprised. Best of luck!!!

How to start a healthy diet after struggling through an eating disorder?
Q. I've been struggling through a mixture of anorexia and binge eating through 6-7 months, and I've been trying to recover by myself. I also struggle through depression and anxiety, and a couple more issues. I lost around 17-18 pounds, and I'm around 5'5 . My "healthy" calorie view is 700 calories a day. I am exercising, and in fact I started the Insanity workout today. I would want a couple tips on how to recover and how to start a healthy way of losing weight. Thank you! x

A. There is no such thing as a successful diet. Diets do not work because once you stop dieting, you'll gain the weight back. Maintaining a healthy weight requires a lifestyle change. 700 calories a day is grossly under what your body needs. At your height, eating about 1800-2000 calories per day will help your body decide for itself what weight it wants to be at. I have struggled with anorexia for many years, and one of the things they always tell us in treatment is that someone with an eating disorder can never go on a "diet." It will only lead to obsession and restricting. If I were you, and if you truly need to lose some weight, I would seek the help of a dietitian. A dietitian can monitor your weight and give you a safe meal plan. From what I read, what you are doing right now sounds entirely eating disordered and unhealthy.

How long will it take to recover from this binge?
Q. I am sad, and very ashamed, to say that I binge ate again. It lasted 2 days with probably 6000 to 7000 calories each day. So how long will it take my stomach to get back to normal?

A. If you take stool softeners after eating normal size meals, two days.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers