How can i get help on having an eating disorder?

Q. i want to stop being bulimic before it gets worse, i started awhile ago but then managed to stop but things didn't stay and i started again but i don't binge eat and mainly just purge after tea- i keep purging after tea until acid stuff just comes out.

but i don't want to tell friends as none of them are that close to me anymore and my parents wouldn't understand and i don't want professional help i just want someone to help me out abit.

A. Bulimia is very difficult to recover from without professional help. Depending on your age, you might be able to get help from professionals without informing your parents. If you're underage and want professional help, you would most likely have to tell your parents.
You might also want to consider talking to a counselor, social worker or psychologist at your school.
Another idea is to find a support group for those who are going through eating disorders. These groups can be extremely helpful, and will allow you to talk with others who are in similar situations.
If you're hesitant to talk to a psychologist, you could ask your doctor for a recommendation to a nutritionist, who would be able to help you to normalize your eating patterns, and give you suggestions for foods to help you, and plans and strategies that will help you in recovery.
I also have an eating disorder and I understand how hard it is to recovery. I would really recommend talking to a doctor, psychologist and dietician to help you in your recovery. Also, in my personal experience, my parents have been much more understanding and helpful than I had ever expected them to be.
I hope that this advice has helped and given you some ideas, and if you have any more questions or want more advice, my email is laurelle117@yahoo.com
I also recommend the website Something Fishy (http://www.something-fishy.org/)

Is it dangerous to take more than the recommended dosage of laxatives?
Q. The bottle says the maximum dosage is 4, I took 5 today. I only took so many cause I binge ate and I can't purge well yet so laxatives and water are my answer. But is it dangerous to take more than the maximum dosage of laxatives? Can you overdose?

A. All I can tell you is be careful. I ended up being told by a doctor I was like a bulimic due to my addiction to laxatives. I was purging she said without throwing up. A few years my digestive system is worse now in part because of taking them the way I did. Laxatives are fine for casual use, but like any pill just take the recommended and nothing more.

how can I stay motivated not to eat?
Q. Ok so many people may tell me it's dangerous, etc, but I just want to hear serious answers. I am a severe binge eater and have struggled on and off with bulimia for years. I can't eat without binging or binging and purging. Currently I am heavier than ever and get ulcers and such often on my tongue, in my nose, and probably in my stomach as well. I feel awful, and am in therapy, but nothing has helped me stop binging each time I eat. One salad turns into a boat load of crap. For this reason, I want to fast. I have heard that it can help gain control over binging, but I am clearly disordered in eating and I need a way to keep myself from eating? How do I do this. Serious answers please.

A. You really shouldn't do this...but I've been there. I chewed gum. A lot of gum. That's was my go to when I'd fast. I mean a piece is only like 5 calories. It would keep my mouth busy so I wouldn't eat. I hope I helped :/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers