Binge eating disorder and zoloft can you lose weight on zoloft?

Q. I have binge eating disorder its gotten completely out of hand and I have gained a lot of weight. My doctor perscribed me zoloft but I've been reading all over the place that people GAIN on zoloft I'm wondering if this is because they are eating more as they are less depressed or its something in the chemical makeup of the drug. I've also read a few places that it does help control binge eating so people can lose weight? What are your experiences?

A. I have been on Lustral (the UK name for Zoloft) and I have lost 18lb in 2 months. This is almost certainly because I comfort eat when I'm depressed. Since being on the tablets (which seem to reduce my appetite anyway) I have only felt like eating when I'm genuinely hungry, and am satisfied on smaller amounts. Bear in mind that some people lose their appetites when they are depressed, therefore, it stands to reason that antidepressants could increase their appetites.

You will probably find (as I did) that you feel a bit rough at first - I felt like I had a hangover, even though I hadn't been drinking. However, the side effects only lasted about a week, and I now feel fantastic. I have so much more energy, and I have dropped two dress sizes.

I'm not saying that Zoloft is for everyone, but compared to other antidepressants, this is the first one that has made me lose weight as opposed to putting it on. I have tried every diet going, and I've never found weight loss as easy as I'm finding it now.

Good luck!

How do you stop yourself from binge eating? I know I'm fat ass?
Q. how do i control my binge eating??Overall I do good then I get home and get bored and end up eating way too much..I'm not fat , but with these eating habits I'm going to be.I gain weight really fast

A. it takes 3 weeks to develop a habit. keep that in mind.
so if u really wanna stop ur habit of binge eating, dnt eat when u get home for 3 weeks.
or eat, but eat light snacks , or fruits.

i personally love mangoes, raspberrys and bananas.

if youre still not motivated...then that means, you really dnt want to stop binge eating.

How do i overcome binge eating before i gain too much weight?
Q. I am fifteen and have been on a strict but healthy diet for the last six months or so. I reached a healthy weight that i was happy with and have managed to maintain it for a few months however, for the last few weeks i have recurrently been binge eating and i can't seem to control myself- how can i get my health back on track before i gain back all the weight and my binge eating gets even more out of control?

A. I have been having almost the same problem, I went vegan and began running doing yoga and kickboxing and lost about 50lbs. I think it may be because i deprived myself of things i loved like chocolate, and snack foods like chips and i hardly ate any fat. Try to keep cut up fruits and fill yourself up with that. Its worth a try im trying that starting today. I have been struggling with binge eating for months and i gained 14 lbs in one week. I eat until i am uncomfortably full and almost in pain. Its so ridiculous but hard to control. Let me know if u make any progress, good luck and ur not alone in ur struggle




Powered by Yahoo! Answers