How to overcome binge eating disorder?

Q. I have been struggling with binge eating disorder for about 6 years now. I was always a healthy, active, skinny kid. But the summer before 7th grade I started struggling with extreme depression, so I would starve all day and binge all night. I gained a good amount of weight over the summer. Throughout the years my weight has increased more and more. I must have a pretty good metabolism because although I have been overweight for these 6 years, I should be morbidly obese from the way I eat. I consume about 3,000-4,000 calories a day, and double that at parties, special events, and going out. I am 5'4 and 140-150 pounds. While that's not terribly huge, it's still overweight and eventually my metabolism will slow down, so if I keep eating the way I do I'll probably be more around 300 pounds. The best way for me to justify my problem is that I can eat a normal amount throughout the day to keep me satisfied, but once night hits, I'm ravenous. I want to eat everything. I get insane cravings the later it is at night. I've tried going to bed earlier, but I can't sleep due to the intense cravings. I also have serious problems with portion control. If I let myself have a small amount of something, I realize how good it is and give in, and end up eating the entire thing. But if I don't have it at all, I can't stop thinking about it and usually end up eating it anyway or eating something else unhealthy in a huge proportion. I'll be 18 in a few days and I wanna put this silly disorder behind me. I wanna be more mature with food. I have never made myself puke. I have starved myself before though, but it always backfires on me because I find myself so much more hungry. Advice?

A. You aren't alone, every binge eater has almost an identical story. My mom was one for 45 years of her life but recently created a simple solution that will prove to yourself that you can overcome the craziness of binge eating without intense dieting or anything, you can even eat foods you enjoy. She's a certified food psychology coach. Every single client my mom speaks to is successful; not one person has done this strategy and has let food control their life. I can't recommend my mom's program enough, not because she's my mom, but because it's the only program that works since she has been through the binge eating craziness her whole life and understands it more than anyone. She has a website and a video that will give you a feel for what it's all about. I am serious when I say that your life will be changed if you speak to her. Please do it for yourself - nothing else is as effective. She speaks to her clients every day to support them and hold their hand through the process. Hope you give it a shot, you won't regret it.
http://endfoodaddiction.com

How to know if you have borderline personality disorder?
Q. ok heres the thing, ive looked at all the symptons of bpd and i feel like i have most of them. like self harm, somewhat erratic moods, splitting but there are a few things that dont make sense like when it says they view others as good or bad and can change suddenly, i feel like i only have that with my family but not friends so does this mean i dont have bpd? Also i dabble in self harm like i normally only do one or two every two weeks at max. and i dont do things like binge eating or particularly reckless behaviour i dont even drink at all. P.S im 19 im not sure if thats relevant though

A. People with bpd are professional a**holes. It's a learned behavior, not a chemical imbalance. Like a kid that gets a new toy to stop a tantrum. I mean, they are amazingly awful.

How to get my son to stop eating everything he sees?
Q. I have a 11 year old obese son, he eats everything he sees.

Today, my 13 year old daughter bought a little bag of chips for herself and left them on the counter to go clean her room.

Well when she was done she came back to the kitchen to get them and saw her brother eating them watching TV.

This is about the 8th time this has happened, I yell at him for it, I tell him not to, he just WILL NOT LISTEN.


I don't want to lock the cupboards because I have other normal weight children but we're getting really mad.

Any ideas?

A. There's an eating disorder known as binge eating. It's just like the opposite of anorexia.

In this question you referred to him as obese and your other kids as normal weight. It may be true but I hope you don't do it in front of him.

He may have eaten his sister's chips, but take a second and think. What makes you more mad - his taking his sister's food, or his eating food in general? Deal with one at a time.

"we're getting really mad" who is we? Is the entire family against him?

Poor kid. Get him some help. TALK to him. Please don't yell.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers