How can I stop myself from binge eating ?

Q. I am 5'3 114 lbs., I diet and exercise. I think the only thing stopping me from losing weight is binge eating. I binge eat when I'm nervous. I also suffer from depression, this also causes me to binge eat. PLEASE HELP. I want to lose weight but i can if I binge eat.

A. Are you the type of person who learns from books, because there are several out on emotional eating. I have the same problem.

Two things that really helped me were something I learned from the people at Overeaters Anonymous (otherwise useless for me, but this was important). It's called HALT.

Never let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired.

Second, I learned to manage what I did eat. For some reason, when I craved sugar and crunch snacks, eating protein, especially beef jerky, satisfied something and I felt better and was able to stop the binge.

How do I stop Binge Eating on Junk Food all the time?
Q. How can I stop myslef binge eating all the time!! Especially when I come home from school or I'm at home by myself - i pick and eat whatever foods around - normally the worst for you!! How can I stop myself??

A. Just try to stay away from kitchen. Keep your self busy in other places. Do that for couple of weeks I am sure, then you will get used to it. You won't feel hungry any more. If you eat more, your will feel more hungry. Try to eat less, your body will get used to it.

How can i stop myself from over eating after working out?
Q. My problem is, I cant stop myself from over eating and gaining weight STILL even after i run 5 miles a day! And its just not easy to control my diet! How can i control myself? Any suggestions?

A. take a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself if you should be eating that icecream or whatever you binge on. No, because you are fat.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers