How can I lose 5 stone whilst battling an eating disorder?

Q. I have suffered with a binge eating disorder for several years and am now really struggling to lose any weight at all. I want to lose 5 stone in total but do not have a time limit. I can't stick to any diets cos of my eating disorder and my weight is stopping me exercising as I get so out of breath and in pain very quickly. HELP!!!!!!!

A. Getting help and beginning to recover from your binge eating disorder will be the largest factor in whether or not you will be able to lose weight. Generally, as a person overcomes his or her binge eating disorder, it becomes easier and easier to lose weight, but first you should focus on overcoming your eating disorder so that then you can lose weight more easily.
Overcoming an eating disorder is a very difficult process, and it will help you a lot to understand and deal with your eating disorder if you have professional help. Go to your doctor and explain about your eating disorder, then ask for recommendations to a psychologist and nutritionist specializing in eating disorders. You may also want to look in your area to see if there are any eating disorder support groups.
With your nutritionist, try to make a structured meal plan that will keep you full and prevent binging. Try to eat regularly, and measure out portion sizes, knowing beforehand how much of a food you want to have before you begin to eat it. Stick to foods that are lower in calories, such as fruits, vegetables, light breads, lowfat dairy and lowfat meat products. Avoid products high in fat or products that are very sugary, as these are usually higher in calories. Make sure that you stay hydrated, and make an effort to exercise regularly.
When you think that you may be about to binge, try to do something to distract yourself. Take a walk, listen to music, read a book, call a friend, take a nap, play a distracting game like tetris or minesweeper, do a crossword puzzle or sudoku - anything to keep your mind off food. Set healthy goals for yourself - you can't expect yourself to suddenly stop binging, but you can make goals to binge less often, or make more of an effort to prevent your binges. Reach out for the help and support of your friends and family, and the help of professionals who will be able to guide you through recovery and help you to obtain your weight loss goals.
Keep in mind that 5 stone is a lot to lose, and you should make sure it's healthy and possible for you to accomplish. Be patient, and don't expect instant weight loss. You will be best able to focus on and accomplish weight loss when you have recovered from your eating disorder, so focus on recovery as a first step toward losing weight. Remember that weight loss doesn't happen instantly - 1/2 to 1 pound of weight loss per week is a healthy goal.
I hope this has helped, and good luck!

How to reduce weight gain while drinking alcohol?
Q. We all know alcohol is probably the worst thing while on a diet but being in college it's tough to avoid.
I already plan on drinking miller chill which only has 100 calories per bottle, drinking a bunch of water before bed and not binge eating once I get home. Is there anything else I could do to minimize weight gain while drinking?

A. No. I think you have to stop drinking. I don't know if you are an addict or you just drink once in awhile, but I want to let you know that if you drink to mutch all the time your kidneys can fail. I'm only telling you because my dad drank alot and his kidneys might fail and he may die soon. So when ever I hear someone that's drinking I get scarred for them. I hope I helped you alittle at least

How to recover from an eating disorder without gaining too much weight?
Q. I lost a lot of weight by eating very little and exercising too much I went from 175 pounds to 95 pounds. I think I develop an eating disorder I would be completely obsessed with food and I have not had my period for about 8 months now.Recently I have been binge eating and then restricting my calories to 700 a day. I want to be healthy again but i am afraid of gaining so much weight that ill be overweight again.how can i maintain my weight with out gaining alot?

A. When extremes occur by design, it is not just to the outside, but to the organs as well At this point, when eating disorder is mentioned, a plan from a doctor is necessary. What has been done to blood glucose, iron or other mineral levels isn't clear without some measure. Therefore, as there is also a mental health component, it is time for medical intervention.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers