What are some of the health problems with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorders?

Q. What are some of the health problems associated with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder? Explain, from a physiological standpoint, how eating disorders may lead to health problems. Give at least three examples to support your answer.

A. stomach ulcers (also ulcer may open and your stomache would be bleeding on the inside)
-Vomiting too often also can rot your teeth (Breakdown of the enamel on the teeth) and insides because of the acids
constipation and slow emptying of the stomach
diarrhea
A slow heartbeat (fewer than 60 beats per minute)
Purplish skin color on the arms and legs from poor blood circulation
Stopping or never getting a monthly menstrual period
Shrunken breasts
Thinning hair, dry skin, and brittle nails
weakening bones
loss of energy
the feeling of being cold all of the time
Dry, yellowish skin
abdominal pain
growth of fine hair in may parts of the body
headaches
fainting
dizziness
insomnia
anemia
bruises easily


so as you see many and many many more so don't even think about it hun

Is it okay to eat more during your period?
Q. I am on the 3rd day of my period and I have been having a major increase in my appetite! And I learned when I was young that you eat when you are hungry, but I feel like I shouldn't be eating this much and my body is fooling me. I am not binge eating, but there has been a definite increase in my food consumption. Is it okay for me to eat more during my period or do I need to try to eat less?

Thanks!

A. Yeah, of course it is. Everyone does it!

My parents think that they are helping me by hide food from me?
Q. I have been bulimic for a few years and consequently engage in periods of binge eating followed by purging.

My parents have noticed that i binge eat and recently, my psych told them about my eating disorder.

Now they are beginning to hide food from me with the purpose of preventing me from binge eating.
This is making me extremely anxious because to me, it feels like they;re saying, "you don't need food, you're too fat"

Do you think that hiding food from me is the wrong thing for them to do?

A. well, the fact that they make you feel bad means that their method is not working properly. There are better ways to help you. Perhaps storing healthier foods like fruits and healthy carbs instead of junk food would work, i mean, if you binge on fruits and fiber you'll look prettier and stay healthier even. And to add to that, you, as a family can do something athletic so that instead of watching your diet meticulously you can burn calories.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers