Songs that go with The Odyssey?

Q. We have to make a playlist to The Odyssey with a song that relates to each section.

-The Cyclops
-Scylla and Charybdis
-Cattle of the Sun God

...any other sections too

Any ideas? Thanks

A. Don't be so "grounded" in the need to match a song to sections of the Epic. I mean where are you going to find a song about a Cyclops? :)
Get the feeling of the event......even if the lyrics don't match the action exactly.

Try things like this --

Don't Stop Believing by Journey
- Athena to Telemachus that Odysseus will return home.

Hungry like the Wolf by Duran Duran (man-eating)
OR
Ten Rounds with Jose Cuervo by Tracy Byrd (drunken binge)
- The Cyclops

I wanna be Sedated by The Ramones
- The Lotus Eaters

Livin' la Vida Loca by Ricky Martin
- Circle the witch (seductress extraordinaire)

She Hates Me by Puddle of Mud
- The Suitors singing about Penelope

A View to a Kill by Duran Duran
- The battle between Odysseus & the Suitors

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me by Mel Carter
- Odysseus and Penelope's reunion

GOOD LUCK!!!!

looking for CORRECT lyrics to stone temple pilots' "trippin on a hole in a paper heart"?
Q.

A. Don't cut out my paper heart,
I ain't dying anyway
Take a look at Eiffel Towers
Never trust them dirty liars
Sippin' lemon-yellow booze
Ol' leadbelly sings the blues
All dressed up on wedding day
Keep on trippin' anyway

I am, I am, I said I'm not myself,
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale
So keep your bankroll lottery
Eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Fake the heat and scratch the itch
Skinned up knees and salty lips
I'll breathe your life vicks vapor life
And when you binge I purge alike
Let go it's harder holding on
One more trip and I'll be gone
So keep your head up
Keep it on, just a whisper I'll be gone
Take a breath and make it big
It's the last you'll ever get
Break your neck with a diamond noose
It's the last you'll ever choose

I am, I am, I said I'm not myself,
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale
Hold me closer, closer let me go
Let me be just let me be

I am, I am, I said I'm not myself,
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale
So keep your bankroll lottery
Eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

I am, I am, I said I'm not myself,
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale
Hold me closer, closer let me go
Let me be just let me be

I am I am I said I'm not myself,
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale
So keep your bankroll lottery
Eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

HEALTH QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Q. I REALLY NEED TO IMPROVE MY LIFESTYLE IM AT RISK


1. How might you describe "sense of self" to one of your classmates?
(Points : 2)
What others think of you

Your idea of who you are

A feeling of self-respect

A feeling you can handle life


2. Which of these factors influences one's sense of self?
(Points : 2)
Connection with school

How severely you criticize yourself

Being voted student president

All of the above


3. Responsibility is an example of which of the following?
(Points : 2)
Attitudes

Environment

Values

Self-confidence


4. Level of trust and respect for teachers influences your sense of self, and belongs in which of the following influence categories?
(Points : 2)
Social environment

Meaningful activities

Connection and belonging

Internal promoter/critic


5. When you act according to your own values and take responsibility for your actions and your health, feeling both self-respect and self-_______ are two likely outcomes.
(Points : 2)


6. Which of the following are accurate statements about social support? (Choose 2)
(Points : 2)
Social support â and a lack of it â affects your health.

Good social support means having a lot of people to help you.

Good communication is essential for strong social support.

Social support is most important during times of personal crisis.


7. Which of the following are examples of constructive feedback?
(Choose 2)
(Points : 2)
I don't like your idea because it won't work.

I have a few thoughts about how we could make your ideas more effective.

Rather than climbing on the roof to get the cat, can I tell you how I'd catch her?

All of the above


8. Delaying a decision by changing the subject or pretending not to hear is an example of what skill?
(Points : 2)
Active listening

Interpersonal communication

Refusal

Paralanguage


9. Which of the following is a sign that someone is not actively listening? (Choose 2)
(Points : 2)
Making eye contact

Interrupting with an opinion

Singing lyrics to a song that relates to the topic of conversation

Asking questions to clarify what you're hearing

Paying attention to the speaker's body language


10. Amber is embarrassed when she and her travel buddy Stacey arrive late to soccer practice, and would like to encourage Stacey to be more conscious of time when getting ready. How might she best express these feelings to Stacey using "I" messages? (Choose 2)
(Points : 2)
I am frustrated when you cause us to arrive to practice late.

I feel humiliated when you criticize me.

I would like us to leave on time in the future.

It's hard for me to think clearly when you are singing.


11. An event or situation that causes a strain on your body or mind is called a(n) _____.
(Points : 2)
eustress

stressor

personal critic

fight or flight response


12. When the stress hormones epinephrine and norepinephrine are released into the bloodstream, which of these physical responses occurs? (Choose 2)
(Points : 2)
The heart beats more rapidly

Blood flow to the digestive system decreases

Breathing becomes deeper

Blood flow to the brain decreases


13. Which of the following might create eustress? (Choose 2)
(Points : 2)
Having an exam

Getting cut from the soccer team

Being named captain of the debate team

Being asked to the prom by someone you're really attracted to


14. The mind-body connection can be exhibited by which of the following?
(Points : 2)
Fight-or-flight response

Headaches, dry mouth, fatigue, and feelings of anger

Distress

Eustress


15. How might a person help manage his or her stress?
(Points : 2)
Treat yourself to a warm bath and a large bowl of ice cream

Talk to someone you trust about what is worrying you

Decide to sleep in

Go out drinking with your friends; you hear that alcohol helps numb stress away


16. Talking with someone who is trained to help with mental and emotional problems is tremendously helpful in dealing with depression.
(Points : 2)
True

False


17. If you notice that your friend seems obsessed with food and about wanting to lose weight, and often throws up his food after eating large quantities, what type of problem might he have?
(Points : 2)
Bulimia nervosa

Anorexia nervosa

Binge-eating disorder

Gluttonomia

A. haha! im taking the same test right now! thats great! uh...


1. Question : Which of the following best defines "sense of self"?
B- Your idea of who you are


2. Question : Which of these factors influences one's sense of self?
D-All of the above

3. Question : Which of the following is not an example of a value?
C-Pessimism

4. Question : Level of trust and respect for teachers influences your sense of self, and belongs in which of the following influence categories?
C-Connection and belonging

6. Question : Which of the following statements accurately describe social support? (Choose 3)
A- Social support â and a lack of it â affects your health.
B- A strong social support network can consist of calling a friend just once a week to check in.
C- Good communication is essential for strong social support.

7. Question : Beth's friend is worried about a cat stuck in a tree. How might Beth give constructive feedback to her friend's ideas for getting the cat down safely? (Choose 2)
A- That might work, but I have a few thoughts about how we could get her down more safely.
B- Rather than climbing on the roof to get the cat, can I tell you how I'd catch her?

8. Question : If you delay a decision by changing the subject or pretending not to hear, which skill are you practicing?
C- Refusal

9. Question : Active listening includes which of the following elements?
(Choose 4)
A- Making eye contact
B- Facing the speaker
D-Asking questions to clarify what you're hearing
E-Paying attention to the speaker's body language

10. Question : Which of the following sentences belong in an "I" message? (Choose 2)
B-I feel humiliated when you criticize me.
C-I would like us to leave on time in the future.

11. Question : Stressors:
D-All of the above

12. Question : When the stress hormones epinephrine and norepinephrine are released into the bloodstream, which of these physical responses occurs? (Choose 2)
A-The heart beats more rapidly
B-Blood flow to the digestive system decreases

13. Question : Which of the following might create eustress? (Choose 2)
B-Getting on the soccer team
D- Having a date with someone you're really attracted to

14. Question : Which of the following are examples of the mind-body connection?
D-All of the above

15. Question : How might a person help manage his or her stress?
B- Talk to someone you trust about what is worrying you

16. Question : A friend who is suffering from depression is truly in need of help, more than you can provide as a friend.
A-True

17. Question : If you notice that your friend has gained a lot of weight, seems obsessed with food and about wanting to lose weight, but doesn't seem to take any action, what eating disorder might your friend have?
C- Binge-eating disorder

18. Question : Which of the following emotional problems might be triggered by the divorce of parents or being the victim of a crime?
D- Both A and C

19. Question : If you need to find help for a suicidal friend, which of the following should you never do?
D- Keep your concerns a secret

20. Question : If a friend confides in you that he is considering killing himself and swears you to secrecy, it is very important that you keep your promise not to tell anyone so he knows he can trust you.
B- False




Powered by Yahoo! Answers