Is it possible to only spend 5k for a 2 month trip through Europe?

Q. I'm 19 and next summer I plan on traveling to Europe and exploring for about 2 months. I'm a college kid who lives at a dorm, so I know how to cut corners with saving money. I'm planning on staying at youth hostels and binge eating their free breakfast and eating bread etc throughout the day. Is it possible to get away with 5,000 US?

What are some other tips to save money in Europe? Thanks!

A. I went to Euro in 02 backpacking and had a similar goal to keep things as cheap as possible and stay as long as I could. I spent over 3 grand in 23 days, including my plane ticket and train tickets.

I think 5 is a little low for two months.

Some things we did to save money were buy a jar of peanut butter and bread that can last you for a bit. Also some hostels will have places you can make ramen noodles.

Not eating I think doesnt work. Your morning meal is usually something small. After that you have to remember your walking a lot and pretty much everywhere unless you have public transit available. Your going to need a afternooon meal at least to help keep your energy up. European people walk a lot and you will be doing the same you will need your energy.

If you have to travel a ways by train try to get a night train. When I went i never got a chance to but if you can you get to sleep and can save on a hostel for 1 night.

I know RyanAir use to have really good deals on flights. I heard of people paying 20 bucks plus taxes and could fly lots of places in europe.

I was with someone so I dont know how it would work alone but my friend and i would sleep at train stations or airports when we got there and try to stay up for a day to save on hotel. This worked for us sometimes but we could watch each others things while the other slept.

Since your a student you can get a student somethign or other card. It will give you discounts on certain things. I know trains give a student rate .....so its always good to ask if they give a student discount. I dont remember what the card was called though.

Last thing i can think of is if your planning on not eating a lot remember you will lose weight fast and you will need a belt. Unless your already a skinny guy then your probably good.

I think 5 could be a little low. You will probably end up getting things you never thought of buying.


What is the easiest way to lose weight?
Q. I have around 3 stone to lose and would love to lose it, or the vast bulk of it before christmas.
Apart from the obvious thing of eat less and go to the gym(i've started this), is there any other tips you can give me?
How can i stop myself from craving and binge eating?
At this point i'm willing to do anything

A. Binge eating and cravings come from giving up the things that you love, you need a complete life change if you want to succeed. That is why diets don�t work or work for a while and then you gain back all the weight you have lost..
Going to the gym is good but you could also try walking a couple miles a day if you can.. The more calories you burn the better results you will get, walking will make you breath more deeply and the sunshine will help you sleep at night which is hard to do when you diet..

The best way to deal with binge eating is to find different foods to replace the ones that you binge on.. Don�t keep foods in your house that you know will make it hard for you to give up.. I don�t eat chocolate so I buy other candy that has almost no calories and eat them instead..

The cravings were the hardest things for me.. You need a lot of variety the more the better but keep things in your house that you like, nothing is worse than trying to make yourself eat foods that you don�t like just because someone tells you there good for you.. Instead of pears which I don�t like I eat lots of bananas.. Instead of potato chips, I eat pretzels which are fat free�

I hope you find some of this useful, and the link below is good too� Good luck and hang in there it�s hard to lose weight..
http://health.yahoo.com/weightloss-motivation/100-smartest-diet-tips-ever/prevention--19984.html


How do i hide my eating disorder better?
Q. I think i might have an eating disorder because i have a lot of the symptoms... I skip breakfast, lunch and just eat snack. I binge-eat about 2-3 times a week but my mom found out that I was puking and installed this thing that she knows when i puke. How do I hide my problem?
Please don't give my some crap answers please!!!

A. i have this eating disorder and heres what i do:i dont eat breakfast, or lunch whem im at school. come home and sleep till 6:00 pm. getting on the computer,watching tv,or reading to avoid eating dinner....but if i do,eat dinner,ill drink TONS AND TONS of water(makes the purging SO much easier!) and fills u up more faster to:) ill normally wait like 30,mins b/4 i take a bath. i know this may b gross,but i turn on the bathroom fan,turn on the water,and close the bathroom shower curtains(we have cups(plastic) that we keep in our bathroom) i use one of those. i know,gross. tips:clean the cup out with soap and water(hot) and brush ure teeth after.or if i dont eat all day,i wait till everyones asleep and stay up and binge and purge on any drink(water,milk,ect.) but thats if i dont want to eat. u have to be REALLY carefull. my advice:dont eat breakfast or lunch at school(go to the library,or somewhere where theres no food.) when u get home,do homework,then chores(itlls keep ur mind off food) then sleep. when u wake up.get on the computer,or do anything to keep ur mind off food.if u have any dogs,let one come in the room while u"eat". and give them ure food. wait round 10 mins or so,then go back in the kitchen to put the dirty dishes away. oh wait,how can ur mom know when ur puking? she put what in to watch u?if u have myspace,answer my question,but put ur myspace username.


What can I do to lose weight while keeping my foot elevated for 6 wks?
Q. I finally scraped together the will power to exercise every day and lose that extra 30 lb I'm carrying around, only to find out I have a stress fracture in my foot! What can I do while keeping my foot elevated & iced down for 6 weeks? I don't have a swimming pool available. Nothing too acrobatic, as I'm not real young any more! I already eat healthy foods, though not perfectly. Thanks in advance.

A. Weight loss is an overall process and there are no magic answers. Pay no attention to weight loss supplements and pills and all the latest fads. You need to think about many factors but most of them are related to issues we've known about for a very long time. There are many sensible things you can do that will make a tremendous difference over the long term if you need to lose weight. It can be done in a healthy way. This is what has worked for me.

Keeping a food journal really does help. It will give you a much better sense of how much you are eating, and when, and why.

Start a weight lifting routine. There are quite a few upper body weight lifing exercise you can do while seated. If you can access a rowing machine that does not require you to do leg work that would be great. Weight lifting will increase your metabolism as well as improve posture and appearance overall. Even if you can't get to the gym you can work out at home using things around the house. Invest in a good weight training book. The Dummies series actually has a good one.

In terms of diet, cut out or reduce things like junk food, pop, fat, fast food. Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, fish. Particularly if you choose a vegetarian lifestyle include natural peanut butter, hummus, dried fruit and nuts. Pay close attention to getting the nutrients your body needs to be healthy.

Make your portion sizes smaller. Use a smaller plate - in our society we have become accustomed to thinking that we need a large plate of food at every meal, and we don't. About quarter of your plate of food should be protein and at least half of it should be veggies.

Learn to count calories. At your current weight and activity level, you may possibly need about 2000 calories or more to maintain your current weight. So you will lose weight at a reasonable and healthy rate if you cut back to about 1600 or 1700 calories a day.

Eat small amounts frequently, rather than three large meals. Never skip breakfast. Include some protein in your breakfast. It will help get you through the day.

Drink plenty of water, at least 8 big glasses of water a day, and more if it is very hot, if you sweat a lot, or if you are exercising intensely, and eliminate fruit juices. Fruit juices have too many calories, so get your vitamins from fresh fruit, not the juice. You will begin to see changes in your body.

Vary your routines. Don't eat the same number of calories every day (vary your calories from 1400 a day to 1900 or 2000 some days), eat a variety of foods, and do different kinds and amounts of exercise. You will lose weight much more efficiently if you mix things up from time to time so that your body doesn't adjust to any one routine.

An area that many people overlook is getting enough sleep. You are much more likely to overeat or to binge eat if you are tired and not well rested, so get enough sleep.

Check out websites about nutrition, exercise, weight training, etc. Here are a few helpful links.

http://www.nutrawatch.com/
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/
http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm
http://www.wikihow.com/Lose-Weight-the-Healthy-Way
http://weightloss.about.com/cs/fitness/a/aa011503a.htm
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/no-weight-workout?page=4





Powered by Yahoo! Answers