I am in recovery for an eating disorder. How do i cope with work stress without using food?

Q. I have struggle with a food addiction in the form of binge eating and bulemia for years. i attend a twelve step program and an out patient program. I work f/t b/c i like what i do and need the income right now. it is causing me a lot of stress and i feel as though i am white knuckling my abstinence at work. any advice?

A. Well I say take to time to wind down when you get home relax or make quite time for yourself. If you feel you need to eat try to chew sugar free gum .

What is rehab for eating disorders like?
Q. Im 15 years old and this summer i had anorexia and now i have binge eating and i take things such as laxative and try to make my self throw up.all i think about is eating and my weight and i am going insane. I was just wondering what rehab for this kind of stuff is like?

A. Since your question deals with addiction, you should check out this site, it has lots of helpful info that might help with your question:

http://www.recoveryforums.org

This site has a lot of great resources for people dealing with addiction or recovery, and those who know people who are dealing with it. It is worth a look in my opinion.

is it possible to lose weight after having an eating disorder?
Q. A year ago i suffered through an eating disorder i lost a lot of weight since I would only eat very litttle. After I began binge eating and starving but i gained some weight. I want to lose weight in a healthy weight but im afraid it isnt going to be possible is it ? Please any advice has anyone gone through this and was able to lose weight.

A. Yes...its hard at first but its possible.
I've dealt with ED off and on for about 10 yrs. I finally reached a point were i refuse to let those compulsions dictate my actions. I went into recovery and ended up gaining some weight back. I still have body issues, probably always will to some extent, but I've learned alot about myself during this whole process and I'm basicly ok with myself now. It sounds kinda corny and cliche but honestly, the most important part of the recovery happens in your head not your body. Its kinda hard to explain...

I still diet occasionally but I've learned to do it very differently now, and im much happier with the results too.
If i gain a few pounds now, its not such a big deal because i know how do lose it in a healthy way.
Before my ED was a cycle of excessive calorie restriction, starvation, fasting, diet pill abuse, lots self hatred. Then this would trigger the loss of control, binging, guilt and more self loathing.
Now my dieting is much more healthy. I set a strict limit never to reduce calories below 1200-1500 calories which is a healthy range. And my focus is less on diet and much more on exercise.

The most important thing I've learned is that focusing too much on diet alone is pointless because you're only dealing with half the problem. Its a passive-aggressive approach and never works.
Before I rarely worked out and tried to starve my body into submission but even when i was at my skinniest i wasnt happy with my body because it wasnt fit or healthy.
And now that i work out regularly i dont have to worry about weight creeping up on me and even though im not as thin as before I look and feel much better about how i look. I can't stress how important working out is, its not easy but its soo worth it.
I can eat normally now and without guilt because i workout regularly at least a couple of times a week. And when i diet now, i just eat healthy and increase my workout schedule till i get my weight were i want it to be.
If you are interested, message me and we can chat more... Im always happy to help those in ED recovery.
Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers