How to control binge eating and lose weight?

Q. How to control Binge eating when my mind just tries to justify it?
I tell myself oh it's ok not a big deal but it really it. Chocolate takis chips and such is not healthy food at all. Also how to lose 10 more pounds? I'm 130 at 5'3" and I want to weigh 120

A. The way to control binge eating is to understand your cravings. It's usually because you're diet is so strict that your body actually starts screaming for a vacation. Say to yourself "it's ok that I want chocolate chip cookies, it's ok that I want cheesecake" or whatever it might be. The sooner you do that, the sooner you will come face to face with it and realize that it's not actually big deal that you want it. One thing that works is literally letting yourself go crazy once or twice a week. If you are doing both diet and exercise, it won't be a big deal. If not, I would strongly sugess adding both to your routine.

Loosing ten more pounds - doing high intensity exercises for 3, 10 minute intervals will help get rid of those pounds. jumping rope, sprint intervals at the track, some kind of "more intense than usual" cardio will do it

How to deal with binge eating disorder BY YOURSELF?
Q. I'm positive I have binge eating disorder. It started 3 and a half years ago, lightly at first but 2 years ago it got worse. I tried to talk to my mother that all this is not normal but she thinks I'm overreacting and that it's all in my head. I don't really know what caused my BED but I want to deal with it and for now professional help is not an option so what can I do to overcome it?

P.S. I'm 21.

A. Please, please go into the hospital and get help for your BED. I'm 22 and just went through the smae thing. I did Inpatient for a week and then OP (outpatient) for 5 more before discharge. It has been overwhelming, sad, hard, difficult, and also life changing, beautiful, and wonderful. You will meet people who you will stay friends with for life. Don't be scared- if you are, that's ok too, only natural. I was TERRIFIED my first day when I went in, and by the end, I loved all of the girls (and guys) I had met and was sad to leave them, but on we must go into the world and away from the eating disorde.

We did 8:15 weigh in, breakfast till 9. then process group (talking about feelings and current day to day situations) until 10:30. then a snack. then spirituality or nutrition or something like that until 11:45. then lunch. then expressive therapy until 2. then we would break apart into various groups like restricting, binge eating, etc whatever you're dealing with. then another snack... and then home. in patient is the same kind of stuff just longer hours and more rules. even in outpatient though, you have to show your tray and show that you're not hiding anything. no exercising- everyone is on exercise restriction. no napkins or pockets where you can hide food. bathroom breaks are monitered. we also have to do challenge foods once a week that we would normally restrict, or binge and purge on. also meetings with dieticians, psychiatrists, and case managers and so forth. It's hard but it is SO worth it. It can't be any harder than staying in your ED, and the result of getting better is the more positive choice.

Best of luck- get well and be brave.


<3

How much weight do you gain from binge eating?
Q. I have been binge eating for two days. I eat anything and everything I want which is thousands of calories i am sure of. I normally eat healthy do my cardio and weight lifting. I have some things going on which is causing me stress and eat. How much weight can a person gain from two days?? I hope i can just poop it out lol!! How long will it take to lose the weight, if any, I have gained?? Thank you in advance..

A. Let me tell you, you need to stop binge eating now because it will affect you and your weight. I did this for four days straight and I noticed a big difference. And I was hoping to poop it all out to but thats not how it works. This might be gross but as the food goes into digestion, all the calories you ate are taken into the body so you only rid of waste, not the calories. Oh and just to let you know if you eat junk and try to work it off, it won't work. Its like putting trash in a car for gasoline, just doesn't work. As long as you stop binging and exercise the weight you put on should come off.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers