How much weight do you gain from binge eating?

Q. I have been binge eating for two days. I eat anything and everything I want which is thousands of calories i am sure of. I normally eat healthy do my cardio and weight lifting. I have some things going on which is causing me stress and eat. How much weight can a person gain from two days?? I hope i can just poop it out lol!! How long will it take to lose the weight, if any, I have gained?? Thank you in advance..

A. Let me tell you, you need to stop binge eating now because it will affect you and your weight. I did this for four days straight and I noticed a big difference. And I was hoping to poop it all out to but thats not how it works. This might be gross but as the food goes into digestion, all the calories you ate are taken into the body so you only rid of waste, not the calories. Oh and just to let you know if you eat junk and try to work it off, it won't work. Its like putting trash in a car for gasoline, just doesn't work. As long as you stop binging and exercise the weight you put on should come off.

Are antidepressants good for binge eaters to take?
Q. I heard they are, but yet I heard some cause weight gain. How would they prevent binge eating?

A. Binge eating is a psychological condition supplemented by a horrid diet. Treatment for depression is treatment for depression and not for eating disorders. These are totally different. While emotional issues can be complex in nature they need to be addressed for what they are: first an emotional issue expressed as a eating disorder. Please seek therapy and do not consider rumors from the general population. Seek therapy.

How does binge eating hurt my body?
Q. Aside from weight gain, what other physiological disadvantages are there to binge eating? Perhaps knowledge of these will deter me from binge eating.

I can imagine that it's not so good for the heart, metabolism, etc.

Thanks very much

A. Binge eating can throw your entire metabolism out of whack with as few as one or two episodes.

Human metabolism isn't based on the quality of the food we digest, but the quantity; how MUCH we eat. Binge eating any kind of food will send a rush of comestibles for your body to process and break down into nutrition. Your metabolism will change AFTER changing your eating habits.

If you, for example, were eating a normal diet and then consumed a large amount of food, your metabolism would attempt to compensate by speeding up, expecting that your next meal will be as large. If it isn't, the new metabolic potential you've taught yourself is basically wasted and you feel hungry the next day, and it will all slow back down if you don't binge again within a few days.

The best answer to counteracting that sort of thing is to watch what you eat if you can't control the binging. Large amounts of nuts, fruit, or other healthy foods will speed up your metabolism as quickly as any other food. Foods rich in capsaicin, like jalapeños or hot sauce (capsaicin is what makes things spicy) are currently being researched as possible substances to quickening metabolism by themselves.

Heart problems, again, are dependent on what you eat. If you're binging McDonalds, your heart is going to suffer, but if you binge with healthy foods as I mentioned above, your heart may actually benefit from an increase in present nutrition if your diet isn't normally comprised of so many healthy foods.

Exercise too, of course, increases metabolic rate significantly; exercise expands the actin and myosin fibers in your muscles, which means that your caloric burn for the day will increase, even if you don't participate in strenuous activity.

I hope this helped. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers