How does someone get over binge eating disorder?

Q. I was just wondering how people recover from binge eating disorder. Is therapy needed, or can someone do it themselves?

A. binge eating is a symptom of a more important behavioral concern which may be due to stress or difficulty in coping. a professional is best to help.

How do I stop my binge eating habit?
Q. I have a problem with binge eating junk food.
When it comes to meals, like pasta or meat, I don't have a problem eating the right amount, but when I try to eat just a bit of desserts or chips and stuff like that I can't stop.
I'm not huge, i'm 155 pounds, but i'm afraid that I'll go down the path of obesity if I don't fix this.

Do you guys have any tips?

A. I have the same problem too!
I heard if you eat a 100 calorie piece of dark chocolate every day it helps curb your craving for salty and sweet food, making you eat less of it. I've also heard if you eat peppermint right after dinner it curbs your appetite and you'll eat less dessert. I'm going to try the peppermint thing soon, since it's got less calories than the chocolate. It's good to indulge every once in a while. One day of overeating won't cause you to gain more weight. It's only if you do it all the time.
You could google home remedies of ways to curb your appetite so you don't binge eat junk food (just don't do it with the rest of the foods you eat if you don't have a problem with them :P)

How is binge-eating disorder differ from bulimia nervosa?
Q. What factors contribute to the development and treatment of binge-eating disorder?

A. binge-eating disorder is overindulging, while bulimia is vomiting after binging.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers