Does recovering from anorexia predispose you to binge eating disorder?

Q. Since your brain was thrown into starvation mode for so long, and the primal instinct in the brain is to eat more when you can in case of famine, wouldn't someone who was anorexic (in a state of starvation and "famine") be more likely to binge eat when/if they overcame the anorexia since the body would be afraid of starving again? And if so,would it be a long-term or a short-term episode of binging?

A. Hrm... as a severely underweight individual, I can say I probably would happily binge to be a healthy weight if I thought it would actually work, though I am uncertain if I was ever actually anorexic, or if it was pickiness + fast metabolism... I suppose the true question is if they are likely to stop before they become obese. A bmi of 25 could be daunting to such a person, and they may stop, suffer a relapse, or would they become a gainer, deciding anything is better than being a stick, and would therefore happily munch their way from one extreme to the other... Hrm.

what eating disorder do you think i have?
Q. i dont eat very often. maybe once every three days, and when i do eat, i "purge" or basically throw it up. i dont think im bulimic because i dont binge eat. i dont just eat to eat. i literally dont like food very much and whe i do eat it i feel EXTREMELY sick. im not sure what you would call this. oh, and im not super skinny. im average weight for my height. sooooooo help?

A. This is anorexia but since ur not underweight yet it would b ednos. in order to fit the criteria for anorexia u need to b underweight anyways,diagnosis means nothing! Ur sick and u need professional help. Please don't wait too much longer.

Do you think its wrong to want to be underweight?
Q. I want to be 15% underweight
I'm 5'3 102 pounds
I want to weigh 97 pounds
When I reach that goal I will consider losing more weight!
I have a long way to go because I binge eat when I'm depressed
I have tried purging, but I don't want my hair to fall out
I am trying to eat healthier and exercise more.
Do you think it's wrong to want to be underweight?
Does anyone want to be underweight also?

A. being underweight can cause many problems, lower energy levels and hurt your immune system. i strongly recommend you stay at the healthy weight you're at now.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers