Can mild anorexia/restrictive eating result in binge eating disorder?

Q. i was somewhat anorexic and always obsessed with dieting and exercise for a year. I always ate healthy and rarely ever had that "full" feeling. There were various foods that were "bad" that I would never eat, no matter what, such as burgers and ice cream. Now I've been at college and with all the new stress and my already messed up and negative views of my body I seem to have developed binge eating disorder. Whenever I feel really stressed (about school or my body), insecure, bored, or like I already ruined my daily goal to eat healthy, I end up binging and eating incredible amounts of unhealthy food, even after I feel so full that I'm going to throw up. I never purge or vomit, but the next day I usually try to eat as little and as healthy as possible and drink lots of water. I'm wondering if its normal for binge eating to follow a long period of restricted eating and obsessing over food, and some good sources for help. This bad habit has greatly negatively influenced my school work, sports, and social life and I want and need the help to stop and be normal again.

A. Yes, actually.

I've had the exact same problem for two years now - after a year of extremely restrictive eating and dieting/working out, after going to college and failing to cope with a lot of stress, I binged quite heavily on things I'd never dream of eating before. Boxes of cereal, Goldfish, Nature Valley bars, chicken nuggets, and loads of baked goods...all those fatty carbs. Let me tell you something - the more you eat stuff like this, the more your brain craves more of it (even when we're not actually hungry), and our blood sugar goes insane! The next day, I would starve myself --- and then the next, binge again. Needless to say, my weight has been on a rollercoaster, and it's not a pretty sight. Depression only aggravated my binging-starving cycle, and I had to go see a therapist about this. Just like a cycle, the foods I ate were really detrimental to my studying habits, sleeping patterns, and mood swings. It was only when I came home during breaks and had peace of mind that I actually began losing all this sudden weight, becoming mentally and physically healthier.
I think what you should do is first seek help from a therapist. If too much stress is accumulated, that will wear down certain parts of the brain - like the prefontal cortex, which is vital in helping you make plans and rational decisions.

Take everything in baby steps, and stop to breathe every once in a while (cut yourself some slack - college is a huge adjustment!). One of the first steps I did was to eliminate all junk food from my room and not go near it when people provided it elsewhere. For me, "out of sight, out of mind." Reward yourself with something that's not related to food. Give yourself a mani-pedi, watch hilarious Youtube videos, treat yourself to a movie with some friends, and rock out to dance music and lip-synch the lyrics like a star. If it helps to vent, write. (That's what I do - either by hand or on a blog.) Or you can draw/sketch/doodle. Read a good book, or re-read one of your long-lost favorites. Dress up in a classy outfit with some of your friends, and pretend you're doing a photoshoot for a magazine...heck, don't even pretend. Go for your personal photoshoot (extra points if a friend is great at photography), and feel gorgeous because you look *amazing*. Take on a new hobby or passion with gusto, and have invigorating conversations about that with someone with the same interest.

Those were some of the steps I took to become happier as a whole and embrace myself more compassionately, in order for me to motivate myself to exercise. That also took baby steps - from 30 minutes of walking every day to 45 minutes of briskly walking to, eventually, jogging for an hour.
There are a lot of awesome things you can do without unhealthy food clogging up your life! Do remember, though, that you should strive to be the best you. No matter what anyone else says, you have the power and courage to do what is good for you. Lastly, progress > perfection.

Good luck! :)


Songs Written about Eating Disorders?
Q. I am looking for songs with lyrics referring to Eating Disorders. I am already familiar with several, but am interested in learning more.

A. 4st 7lb - Manic Street Preachers
Ana's Song - Silverchair
Anorexic Beauty - Pulp
Away From Me - Evanescence
Bandages - Hot Hot Heat
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
Beautiful - Joydrop
Big Isn't Beautiful - King Andora
Binge and Purge - Lunachicks
Bionic Eye - Liz Phair
Bulimic Beats - Catatonia
Bulima Blow Job - Cradle Of Thorns
Christine - Siouxsie & The Banshees
Distant Voices - Bush
Feed Me - Juliana Hatfield
From 100,000 Fireflies - Magnetic Fields
Hide U - Kosheen
Hunger Strike - Temple Of The Dog
If You Could Only See - Tonic
Jenny, Your Barley Alive - Rilo Kiley
Judy's Staring At The Sun - Catherine Wheel
Little Miss S. - Edie Brickell & New Bohemians
Lucy At The Gym - Jill Sobule
courage - Superchick... this one is my favourite, its fantastic! if you want a list...
http://www.fading-obsession.com/thinspo/song-list.php
check it out... by the way... (i have an eating disorder)

yeah, take care oxoxox


send me Rap lyrics if you have some?
Q. writing my rap song, i need so words

A. i tried to unhinge, an orange door hinge with an orange hypodermic syringe filled with orange grease from the deceased in greece
i walked in the door and i seen an orange lunatic fringe from the jersey shore
one got on her knees and said
BABY PULL DOWN YOUR PANTS, THEY'RE ALL DONE I WANT MORE
as i was eating cheetos and doritos, i had an orange cringe on my face, looking at all the preverted men bleeding all over the place
and said ***** go home, your to fat you cant suck on my frito.
i aint gotta libido now, go binge on an orange cow


Song title and artist?
Q. All i know is that the lyrics are "let me be...just let me be" it is kind of a rock song and it has been bugging the crap out of me please any help would be thankful

A. oh man, that's STP. Its gotta be, here: go here to be sure,

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=rJFBmbvnyss&feature=related

and here are the lyrics.

Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

Don't cut out my paper heart
I ain't dyin' anyway
Take a look at eye full towers
Never trust them dirty liars
Sippin' lemon yellow booze
Ol' leadbelly sings the blues
All dressed up on wedding day
Keep on trippin' anyway

I am I am I said I'm not myself
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale
So keep your bankroll lottery
eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Fake the heat and scratch the itch
Skinned up knees and salty lips
I'll breathe your life vicks vapor life
and when you binge I purge alike

Let go it's harder holding on
One more trip and I'll be gone
So keep your head up Keep it on,
just a whisper I'll be gone

Take a breath and make it big
It's the last you'll ever get
Break you neck with diamond noose
It's the last you'll ever choose

I am I am I said I'm not myself
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale
Hold me closer, closer let me go
Let me be just let me be

I am I am I said I'm not myself
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale
So keep your bankroll lottery
eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

I am I am I said I'm not myself
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale
Hold me closer, closer let me go
Let me be just let me be
I am I am I said I'm not myself
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale
So keep your bankroll lottery
eat your salad day deathbed motorcade





Powered by Yahoo! Answers