What do you do to control your cravings?

Q. When i'm having a rough/stressed time or having that time of month sometimes (esp late at night, right before going to bed) I crave foods-such as sweet items. I don't really binge or anything, just eat a bit more than i want to. Like today i had three frozen cookie dough before bed, i know it was only extra 300 ish calories, and only brought up my daily calorie to about 1600 or 1700.. but iknow i could do better without these cookies.
Suggestions?

A. Did you know that there is a hormone responsible for making you feel full? TRUE!...it makes you feel satiated, and it kicks in about 20 minutes after you begin eating. It doesn't matter whether you have eaten a few tablespoons of food or a whole gallon of ice cream, the effect is still the same. If you have a craving, go ahead and indulge, but just eat one, eat it slowly, take small bites and savor, and drink water between bites. Make it last longer, and wait a few. You'll find out that one is plenty!

How to overcome binge eating disorder?
Q. I have been struggling with binge eating disorder for about 6 years now. I was always a healthy, active, skinny kid. But the summer before 7th grade I started struggling with extreme depression, so I would starve all day and binge all night. I gained a good amount of weight over the summer. Throughout the years my weight has increased more and more. I must have a pretty good metabolism because although I have been overweight for these 6 years, I should be morbidly obese from the way I eat. I consume about 3,000-4,000 calories a day, and double that at parties, special events, and going out. I am 5'4 and 140-150 pounds. While that's not terribly huge, it's still overweight and eventually my metabolism will slow down, so if I keep eating the way I do I'll probably be more around 300 pounds. The best way for me to justify my problem is that I can eat a normal amount throughout the day to keep me satisfied, but once night hits, I'm ravenous. I want to eat everything. I get insane cravings the later it is at night. I've tried going to bed earlier, but I can't sleep due to the intense cravings. I also have serious problems with portion control. If I let myself have a small amount of something, I realize how good it is and give in, and end up eating the entire thing. But if I don't have it at all, I can't stop thinking about it and usually end up eating it anyway or eating something else unhealthy in a huge proportion. I'll be 18 in a few days and I wanna put this silly disorder behind me. I wanna be more mature with food. I have never made myself puke. I have starved myself before though, but it always backfires on me because I find myself so much more hungry. Advice?

A. You aren't alone, every binge eater has almost an identical story. My mom was one for 45 years of her life but recently created a simple solution that will prove to yourself that you can overcome the craziness of binge eating without intense dieting or anything, you can even eat foods you enjoy. She's a certified food psychology coach. Every single client my mom speaks to is successful; not one person has done this strategy and has let food control their life. I can't recommend my mom's program enough, not because she's my mom, but because it's the only program that works since she has been through the binge eating craziness her whole life and understands it more than anyone. She has a website and a video that will give you a feel for what it's all about. I am serious when I say that your life will be changed if you speak to her. Please do it for yourself - nothing else is as effective. She speaks to her clients every day to support them and hold their hand through the process. Hope you give it a shot, you won't regret it.
http://endfoodaddiction.com

I've gained about 4 pounds in one week, Is that even possible?&How can I lose the weight quickly?
Q. I really need to stop eating so much food and binge eating because that much weight gain in one week is ridiculous. I am currently 132 and last week I was 128, I am 5'3" and female, I think to have a flat stomach or be normal looking person I need to weigh around 115. How can I get there physically and emotionally? Such as controlling the binge eating and making good food choices or any diet vitamins/pills? Any ideas?

A. cut back on salt and sugary foods. Also remember weigh yourself in the morning after you go to the bathroom both 1 and 2 and before you eat anything. Then eat like you normally do and weigh yourself before you go to bed and before you go to the restroom that night and ill bet you weigh 2-5 pounds more! Water in take can manipulate your weight but doesnt mean fat can also make you look bloated.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers