How is binge-eating disorder differ from bulimia nervosa?

Q. What factors contribute to the development and treatment of binge-eating disorder?

A. binge-eating disorder is overindulging, while bulimia is vomiting after binging.


How do I break out of the cycle of stress binge eating?
Q. I have binge eating disorder and it is stress related.
I'm a student so the stress won't go away!
How do I stop the binge eating?

A. The best thing you can do is get your mind off of what is stressing you. Find something you enjoy to immerse your life in that will reduce your stress. If you keep yourself busy when you feel hungry, you won't feel tempted to binge eat. Plus you should also eat lots of small meals through out the day so you never feel hungry resulting in you giving in to your binge.

Check out http://www.your-stressed-life.com/stress-reduction.html for some things you can do to reduce your stress and keep your mind off eating.

Good luck to you!


How do you stop binge eating?
Q. I have a problem with binge eating. I love to eat and i do it way to much. I always over eat a lot. Sometimes around 4,000-6,000 calories a day. Do you have any tips to stop?

A. sounds like you might have an eating disorder (yes, binge eating is an eating disorder too)

i would recommend therapy, i have had eating disorders pretty much all my life (im 19) and therapy has really helped me.

I have recently been bulimic and the therapy for that has actually helped me to reduce my binges to about once a month - and before i was doing it pretty much everyday!

So lucky me, my bulimia is now in remission. Too bad i still have something like EDNOS... but for you it sounds like therapy can help is my point.


Where can I learn if I have binge eating disorder and how can I stop binge eating?
Q. I've been struggling with food for longer than I care to admit. I have researched online, but not 100% sure if I do have binge eating disorder, or if I do, how to stop binge eating. Any ideas or resources would be good so I can learn more. thanks.

A. As far as knowing if you have binge eating disorder, see if any of these sound like you...

1. Are you tired of hiding food wrappers at the bottom of the garbage in hope that no one will see the �evidence�?

2. Are you ready to put on a smile for the world and keep it on instead of crawling back into your �sad world� when you are alone?

3. Are you ready to end your private nightmare filled with sadness and start a new life filled with excitement and happiness?

4. Do you constantly feel like something is wrong with you and use food to ease the pain?

As far as learning more, I have provided two resources on binge eating disorder. One is a site about a girl who suffered with binge eating disorder for many years, and the other is a binge eating video on YouTube from the same girl.

If you do have binge eating disorder and you're looking for help, you are doing the right thing here by reaching out for help.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers