How can i stop binge eating?

Q. Almost every single day i will binge eat to the point where i consume over 3500 calories! Thank god i have a fast metabolism, but i don't want to eat this way for the rest of my life. So please can someone give me tips to prevent eating a lot or how to keep my mind occupied on something else other then food? I will appreciate any advice given.

A. I suffered with binge eating, gained a stone and a half in 2 months with it, recovered and then started again. I am recovering again. You should read the book 'I can make you thin' by Paul mcKenna, it says you can eat what you want as long as you eat SLOWLY, CHEW FOOD WELL AND STOP WHEN YOU START TO FEEL FULL. This helped me become more aware of my stomachs signals giving me more power over my binges. But you must read the book to understand fully. Also, research positve affirmations for binge eating disorder. These helped me get more positive about stopping it. Before I eat something or start a binge, I take a drink, wait 15 mins and say to myself, do I really need this and how will I feel after I have eaten it? I try to respect my body. Also, I kind of frighten myself sometimes, binge eating damages the stomach and can lead to obesity. These possibilities make me stop. Im sorry I cant say there is a magic solution, but it just takes time and practice. Treat your body the best you can and you will get there. I have recovered so much without any professional help and so can anyone if they try hard enough. You make think that you have no self control but you would be surprised. Best of luck!!!

How to maintain my weight after losing weight?And how can I stop binge eating?
Q. I've been on a low calorie diet for about 2 months and lost 25 pounds, but now I can't stop binge eating and I gained about 5 pounds in a few days!
How do I maintain my weight WITHOUT dieting and exercise ( I don't have time to exercise more than once a week)? And why am I having a huge appetite lately? When I was on diet I could go for more than 16 hours without eating, but now I can't go more than 2-3 hours before I binge

A. Always prepare ahead and have healthy snacks to munch on in your purse to eat through out the day to keep your metabolism moving.

How to bet out of binge eating habits?
Q. I binge eat, not too badly, like 300-800 calories at most. I just eat too much. I have a very fast metabolism so I hardly gain any weight, but over several months I've put on about 20lb, or maybe 15 or 10. It's not really noticeable. But I want to STOP!!! This is not a sustainable or healthy habit!!! Help please??

A. Much of your desire to binge probably comes from preexisting unhealthy eating habits that leave you feeling "over-hungry". To prevent that over hungry feeling, plan on eating more small meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big ones. Carry small - health conscious - snacks with you at all times to satisfy cravings with healthy alternatives to binging.

Keep in mind, that even when taking these precautions there will still be temptation and much of this battle will come down to pure will-power. Make sure you've thought long and hard about this decision and find some key motivators that will help you get through those urges.

Hope it helped! =)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers